How To Prepare Your Home To Be Photographed
• The photo shoot should typically take no more than 2 hours. We will be photographing both the inside and outside of the home, including all of the major rooms. We normally do not photograph the garage unless it has special features.
• If there are special features of the home that are not obvious, please let us know about them so we can include them in the shoot.
• Please minimize the number of people present during the photo shoot and contain pets in the garage or out of sight.
• Remove all vehicles from driveways.
• Move garbage cans so they cannot be seen from the street.
• Remove all garden tools including hoses and sprinklers.
• Mow and rake yard.
• Sweep driveways, sidewalks and patios.
• Clear off countertops in kitchen and bathroom areas.
• Remove photos, notes and papers from the refrigerator.
• Turn ceiling fans and televisions off.
• Declutter rooms which may be excessively furnished. They do not photograph well.
• Make all beds and tidy bedrooms. Make sure all clothes are hung up, or put out of sight.
• Remove piles of newspapers and magazines and boxes.
• Tuck all indoor trash cans out of view in a closet or cupboard.
Please have all of these things done BEFORE the scheduled appointment time. The photographer may help with minor details but this checklist should be completed before they arrive.